As the COVID-19 outbreak unfolds, the health and well-being of our community and our employees is at the forefront of every decision we make. Please be rest assured Coco’s is focused on the safety and integrity of our food. We always handle all ingredients in alignment with the highest standards for health and safety. In particular:
- Our facility is regularly inspected by the Kanawha County Health Department.
- All employees are required to wash their hands frequently, wear masks, gloves, aprons, and hair coverings before handling any food.
- Our facility has sanitizing stations located in key areas such as upon entry into the building, restrooms, break rooms, hand washing stations.
- We have asked cleaning staff to do an even more thorough job of disinfecting frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, doorknobs, and light switch covers.
- We are conducting daily temperature checks and asking employees to stay home if they are sick, providing them with the resources to make that possible.
Will our packaging be safe to touch?
The Word Health Organization (WHO) has confirmed that delivered packages are safe to handle.
Are Coco’s employees offered paid sick leave?
Yes. The health and well-being of our employees and customers is our highest priority. As such, all of our employees are given paid sick leave.
Can COVID-19 be transmitted through food?
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), “there is no evidence to support the spread of COVID-19 through food.”
As for the ingredients themselves, the United Fresh Produce Association (UFPA) has said, “There is no evidence that fresh produce (or any other food, or other product/material) can transmit the virus.”